Peterborough City Council digital training for communities
We want to help you
We are committed to ensuring residents like you are supported and ready for the future.
We want to help residents to access online services such as paying bills online, keeping in touch with family and friends or even shopping online.
How are we helping you?
Through training, workshops and drop-in sessions, we're giving you the opportunity to gain and develop your online skills.
We are working with a range of organisations and local groups, holding training sessions to help people get the most out of their devices, whether they are laptops, tablets or smartphones.
We are undertaking 5-week training sessions and drop-in sessions with residents in local housing schemes and local community groups and are now planning our next phase of work.
What will you learn?
Our training is generally split across 5 weeks, working in certain locations around Peterborough. Sessions are designed to offer an introduction as well as the following subjects:
- Differences between devices
- Using the Peterborough City Council websites, highlighting benefits such as paying by Direct Debit online and communication with us through social media
- How to complete online forms
- Setting up an email account and how to use it
- Accessing organisational websites
- Online shopping
- Catch-up TV
- Connecting with friends and family
There will also be the opportunity to ask questions and cover topics, where possible, that may not be listed in the general overview.
Who to contact
Last updated: Over 6 months ago