Samaritans COVID-19 support
Samaritans Vision is that fewer people die by suicide.
We work to achieve this vision by making it our mission to alleviate emotional distress and reduce the incidence of suicide feelings and suicidal behaviour.
We are committed to the following values:
- Listening, because exploring feelings alleviates distress and helps people to reach a better understanding of their situation and the options open to them
- Confidentiality, because if people feel safe, they are more likely to be open about their feelings
- People making their own decisions wherever possible, because we believe that people have the right to find their own solution and telling people what to do takes responsibility away from them
- Being non-judgemental, because we want people to be able to talk to us without fear of prejudice or rejection
- Human contact, because giving people time, undivided attention and empathy meets a fundamental emotional need and reduces distress and despair.
Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus outbreak, The Samaritans are unable to offer their face to face service. However, you can still contact them by phone, e-mail or by letter (please see website for address).
Who to contact
- For emotional support 24/7: Phone: 116 123 (free of charge) For emotional support 24/7: Phone: 116 123 (free of charge)
Where to go
Peterborough & District Samaritans,
441 Lincoln Road
- PE1 2PE
- View PE1 2PE on a map
- Other notes
For coronavirus support please click on the link.
Last updated: Over 6 months ago