Salvation Army Peterborough COVID-19 support
Coronavirus update 17/4/2020
We have always been there for the most vulnerable but now thousands more people suddenly fall into that category and urgently need our help.
We have transformed our response to ensure we are directly reaching those hit the hardest by the coronavirus.
- Our foodbanks are expanding and we are using our local networks to reach people who can no longer feed themselves or their families and are cut off from other sources of help.
- We are opening our buildings to become safe night shelters for homeless people, with space for healthy separation.
- Homeless day centres are now offering doorstep health advice and offering food parcels while night time soup runs are delivering hot food at a safe distance from our emergency response vehicles.
- At a time when thousands have lost their job overnight, our Employability service, Employment Plus continues to offer telephone and online support.
- Our Debt Advice Service is helping people work out how to pay their next bill.
- We are continuing to put pressure on government to address delays in the payment of Universal Credit which could now impact thousands more people as the job market shrinks.
- We are continuing to maintain our extensive network of safe houses for the victims of modern slavery and meeting the emotional support for people who have escaped slavery and now have to self-isolate.
- We have supporting communities with a mixture of practical and emotional support, from phone calls to the isolated to prescription runs and food deliveries.
- Virtual worship is maintaining a sense of belonging with our congregations as well as bringing hope at a time when we need it most.
We will do whatever we can to help your community get through this.
Who to contact
Where to go
1203, Bourges Boulevard
- PE1 2AU
- View PE1 2AU on a map
Last updated: Over 6 months ago