Wood Green The Animal Charity COVID-19 support
How we’ve adapted to continue helping pets and people during the coronavirus crisis
At this difficult time, our team are working extremely hard to ensure that all of our pets continue to get the care and love they need. As part of these efforts we have made adjustments to ensure we always have staff on hand, and a significant number of animals have been put in foster homes. This means the pets get some extra care and comfort, and pressure is reduced on our staff. We are keeping a close eye on developments and taking extra precautions to keep our pets, volunteers, employees and the public safe.
Changes to intake and rehoming
Unfortunately, we are unable to take in any more pets other than those in emergency circumstances or strays and homeless animals. We are also not able to rehome pets at the moment.
For help with emergency cases, please contact our dedicated Pet Support Team and one of our experts will respond as soon as possible.
Our top priorities
The care of pets on our sites and in foster homes.
The safety of people.
Pet advice – we still want to do our best to help everyone. So if you have a question, please:
Check the Pet Advice section of our website.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – where you will find fantastic pet advice articles and videos.
Or, if you’d prefer, contact us directly with any question you have – urgent enquiries will be prioritised.
Emergency operations – non essential surgeries are being postponed to minimise staff contact and the need for post-operative care of our pets.
Emergency intake – we will rescue the animals that need us the most.
How you can help
As well as stopping our pet rehoming services, we’ve had to close all of our retail shops and suspend face-to-face fundraising activities. This is a huge blow for us as a charity, so your support now, more than ever, is critical in helping us continue our vital work for vulnerable pets, and people.
Who to contact
- 0300 303 9876 0300 303 9876
- Wood Green Animal Charity
Where to go
Wood Green, King’s Bush Farm
- PE29 2NH
- View PE29 2NH on a map
- Other notes
- Pet food assistance –Support with food is still available for cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs and small animals.
- Although we are limiting the amount of footfall onto our site, we have a team of dedicated staff/volunteers that may be able to drop off pet food to the owners home if the need is high.
- To ensure safety of everyone involved and to comply with social distancing recommendations, the food will be left outside of the home for the owner to collect so that they do not need to come into contact with us.
- Flea and worming treatment –Preventive treatment can be sent out in the post after a telephone consultation with the owner.
Last updated: Over 6 months ago