Ormiston Meadows Academy
Ormiston Meadows Academy
Our Academy’s vision is to ensure our children achieve the best possible outcomes and to be an outstanding local academy which serves our community. We strive for excellence in all things, and to inspire and challenge our pupils to reach beyond themselves so they leave feeling proud of their achievements.
Life at Ormiston Meadows Academy is fundamentally fun and stimulates a real quest for excellence, mutual respect and a desire for life-long learning. Our pupils will be well-rounded and motivated to put ideas into action and contribute to a more tolerant and safer world
Our motto form the acronym BEST. Our values, Excellence, Respect, Self-worth and Resilience are the characteristics we believe all children need to become the best they can be, achieving life-long success, As a whole academy community , we aim to demonstrate these values at all times
From the moment you walk into the academy, this philosophy is tangible.
The aims of the academy are as follows:
- The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects everyone involved within the academy community to share in this commitment *
- Ormiston Meadows Academy is recognised by pupils, parents/carers and the community at large as an outstanding academy
- The curriculum is rich, broad, balanced and relevant for all
- Pupils become confident, lifelong learners and respectful citizens
- Governors, staff, parents and pupils work together, valuing each other, in order to achieve the best for every member of the academy community
To achieve these aims we work hard to create a community and environment which encourages everyone to:
- Feel safe, cared for and valued
- Be treated equally irrespective of gender, race, religion or beliefs, disability, physical characteristics or any other factors
- Develop a love of learning and take opportunities to be inspired by and learn from other people
- Challenge ourselves to achieve our personal best in whatever we are doing
- Co-operate with and respect others
- Keep healthy in mind and body by taking regular exercise and understand the principles of a healthy lifestyle
- Take responsibility for our own actions
Our vision and mission are shaped by our determination to encourage self-worth and self-knowledge, articulated in our academy motto: Be your Best, Expect the Best, Succeed Together (BEST), which means believe in yourself and always aspire to be the best you can be, which is what OMA is all about- challenging people to excel.
Ofsted Report: view the ofsted report.
Who to contact
Where to go
- PE2 5YQ
- View PE2 5YQ on a map
- Age Ranges
- From 4 years to 11 years
The Academy takes every opportunity to offer CPD on SEND to both teaching and support staff. In order to maintain and develop the quality of teaching and provision to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils, all staff are encouraged to undertake training and development. The training needs of staff will be identified and planned. All teachers and support staff undertake induction on taking up a post and this includes a meeting with the SENCO to explain the systems and structures in place around the academy’s SEND provision and practice and to discuss the needs of individual pupils. The academy’s SENCOs regularly attend the LAs SENCO network meetings in order to keep up to date with local and national updates in SEND.
The Academy works in partnerships with parents, carers, pupils and professionals to ensure that the transition to and from us is as smooth as possible.
- Contact Name
- Naomi James / Paula Cook
- Contact Telephone
- 01733 231008
Last updated: Over 6 months ago