VICTA provides support to children and young people who are blind or partially sighted and their families.
VICTA organises activities designed to improve the emotional, social and living skills of the children and young people that we support
We make grants available to enable children and young people to reach their full potential. Whether it is for a Brailler or a computer to help them keep in touch, we want everyone to have the opportunity to learn and grow.
We want to encourage children and young people to develop independent life skills and therefore provide grants for equipment such as talking household items, magnifiers, navigation aids and activity breaks. With the right support, we believe everyone can develop the confidence to take their place in the world
We support parents by:
- Offering advice on issues related to bringing up a child who is blind or partially sighted.
- Helping parents come to terms with and understanding their child’s eye problem.
- Providing information and help in respect of how to ensure that they and their children access all available statutory support. Putting parents in touch with other parents.
- Directing them to our parent support network www.throughscarlettseyes.com
Who to contact
- 01908 240 831 01908 240 831
Marathon and Fundraising Enquiries: 01908 672 163
Activity, Grant and General Enquiries: 01908 240 831
Where to go
- VICTA Children Ltd
5 Douglas House
32-34 Simpson Road
- MK1 1BA
- View MK1 1BA on a map
VICTA is currently working in partnership with RNIB on a product grant programme focussed on supporting independent study using technology. If you are registered blind or partially sighted and a UK resident aged between 11 and 25 you could be eligible for an Apple iPad Air 2 (32 GB) with case.
You can find more details about the RNIB product grant here
Last updated: Over 6 months ago