Oakdale Primary School
Oakdale Primary School
Oakdale is a small friendly primary school with a unique family feel. We pride ourselves on outstanding pastoral care and support.
Our curriculum is exciting and inspiring offering the children a wealth of first hand experiences and opportunities.
In addition to this we provide a range of extra curricular clubs and activities for the children which encourage them to make decisions about their learning as well as developing their interests and skills.
We value good manners, politeness and expect high standards of behaviour.
We enjoy welcoming parents, governors and families into our thriving Oakdale community. Our close links with these groups are key to our successes.
School Development Priorities
We are constantly striving to improve the education of your children at Oakdale. Our long term strategy is to ensure that:
- Teaching is good to outstanding
- Children make good or outstanding progress in order to achieve their potential
- Our curriculum is creative, inclusive and inspiring and produces resilient, enthusiastic learners
- Our learners are challenged and encouraged to achieve as individuals preparing them for their roles as active citizens in modern Britain
- Behaviour demonstrates care, co-operation and respect for all
- Leaders at all levels work together to promote the highest standards
- The environment is vibrant, supportive and safe
- Parents/carers, other schools and the wider community are engaged to provide high quality learning opportunities
To achieve these long term goals, we produce a School Development Plan as part of an ongoing process of evaluation and review. We must also look forward and adapt to changes in education, such as the new National Curriculum and Assessment systems. Through this process we identify annual priorities for school improvement which form the basis of the Plan.
Ofsted Report: view the ofsted report.
Who to contact
- 01733 566237 / After School Care Club: 01733 344341 01733 566237 / After School Care Club: 01733 344341
Where to go
- PE2 8TD
- View PE2 8TD on a map
- Age Ranges
- From 4 years to 11 years
We are able to provide access to the following services, based on assessment of need; sensory circuits on a daily basis for identified children, School nurse referral, Occupational therapist support, Speech and Language therapist support, Autism Outreach team, Accessing Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) support, Educational psychologist support.
At Oakdale we do not currently offer internal specialist provision, unless it is requested from one of the professional services provided by the local authority. We do however have staff in school with experience supporting a wide range of needs. We also employ an additional member of staff to support raising attainment and progress in reading and writing.
We also access from the local authority; educational psychologist support, Speech and Language Therapy for identified children, Occupational therapist support for identified children, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS), Autism Outreach Service
- Contact Name
- Mrs Lucy Cleveland
- Contact Telephone
- 01733 566237
- Contact Email
Last updated: Over 6 months ago